POSITION TITLE: Retail Sales Consultant UVO (Used Vehicle Operations)
REPORTS TO: Manager, UVO (Used Vehicle Operations)
LOCATION: THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED EITHER IN CALGARY,AB OR RICHMOND,BC
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Manager of HCI Used Vehicle Operations (UVO), the RSC will lead a team of Used Vehicle Consultants (UVC) to work with Honda/Acura Dealers on strengthening their used vehicle operations by improving the effectiveness of their traffic management, inventory management, reconditioning and CPO certification, marketing, e-commerce and sales processes.
The RSC will monitor Honda/Acura Dealer UVO key performance indicators, identify opportunity Dealers, lead initial on-site Dealer assessments to identify gaps and using structured program support materials and curriculum, assist dealership management in making necessary improvements.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, direct and monitor the job functions of Used Vehicle Consultants (UVC) in assigned Zone:
- Supervise and train UVC’s on Dealer assessment, business plan procedures and reporting
- Review and approve UVC assessments and action plans for Dealers on focus programs (Zone/National performance deficiency, opportunity or hand raisers)
- Monitor UVC Dealer visit schedule and review all UVC Dealer progress reports (DPR) and contact reports
- Assist in the development and review of UVC training materials
- Motivate UVCs to achieve territory targets
- Conduct performance evaluations in line with UVC’s job requirements
- Identify and improve on underperforming Dealers in assigned Zone:
- Monitor Dealer UVO key performance indicators to identify opportunity Dealers
- Collaborate with zone sales/service management and field staff on National Dealer Performance Deficiency program
- Conduct initial on-site assessment to approve Dealers for focus programs
- Approve UVC action plans and closely analyze the performance of Dealers on focus programs
- Provide all possible support to Dealers on focus programs to improve results and graduate them from the program
- Track and report monthly on UVC progress with Dealers on focus programs to HCI UVO manager
- Certified Pre-Owed (CPO) program support:
- Provide in-Dealer training to sales management, sales force, business office and service department on CPO programs, Plus Upgrades and best practices
- Demonstrate the importance of CPO as a “Gateway to the Brand”, for Service retention and future New vehicle sales opportunities
- Manage special projects:
- Support the development/deployment of UVO training seminars, workshops and Dealer training aids
- Assist in UVO Dealer audits for CPO, Incentive Program Payout, etc.
- Assist in management of CPO website and marketing material
- Ongoing market research and training to learn industry best practices
- Additional projects/assignments as required.
POSITION PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Completed university degree or college diploma in business/finance or automotive.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with strong automotive background.
- Experience in sales division or Dealer operations capacity within the automotive industry
- Effective listening, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a strong discipline in coaching, feedback, mentoring and performance management
- Proven ability to develop/document/present relevant business cases/solutions to dealership management and demonstrate a ROI
- Able to interpret financial statements, KPI or composites and formulate clear recommendations and improvement objectives
- Ability to develop and lead seminars, workshops, and training programs to reflect business plan objectives and initiatives
- Ability to establish influential relationships with Dealership management and personnel
- Knowledge of CPO program, CRM, Inventory Management Systems and Dealer Management Systems
- Strong analytical, strategic planning, organization and problem-solving skills
- Strong EXCEL, Power Point and Word skills
Honda Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. The accommodation will take into account the applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email Human Resources at email@example.com or call (905)888-4331.