POSITION TITLE: Engineering System Specialist – Infotainment
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Quality Engineering
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Engineering System Specialist works within the Service Quality Engineering department at the Honda Canada National Office (HCI). The incumbent’s purpose is to drive countermeasure activity through market problem identification, market data analysis, parts analysis, and field visits when required. The purpose of this activity to drive continuous quality improvement for Honda in the Canadian automotive market.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct data analysis of warranty claims and field reports to define and prioritize commonly occurring quality issues.
- QIC Investigation Activity – Technical investigation to understand failure. This involves collecting and testing failed warranty parts, problem reproduction, dealer visits.
- Provide technical support to various groups within Honda Canada including Tech Line, Field Engineering Specialists, Customer Relations, Product Planning, Publications, Sales, Advertising, ISD, Training, and Legal.
- Generate service publications for dealers, other department, and zones outlining new and revised repair techniques to address issues identified recently in the market. All factory countermeasures are tested prior to release of service bulletins. Review owner’s manuals and owner’s guides to ensure accuracy.
- Representing Honda Canada in regional (North American) meetings by assembling and presenting Canadian market quality information. E.g., One-Pack, Priority 1/2 promotion material. Performing follow up on any assigned tasks from these meetings.
- Coordinate directly with infotainment system suppliers to develop countermeasures.
POSITION PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in Electrical, Automotive or Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Professional Engineering designation in province of Ontario desirable.
- 3 years of experience at automotive parts supplier is an asset.
- Understanding of smartphones & vehicle integration for Honda/Acura telematics, OTA and infotainment systems. (e,g, Bluetooth communication protocols, Wi-Fi, satellite, CAN and MOST ring communications)
- Networking / communication skill to Interact with design and development teams and outside suppliers to report and resolve any defects identified.
- Hands on technical capability for construction of test benches for use by support staff to simulate the in-vehicle telematics, OTA and infotainment experience.
- Strong data processing and analysis skills to identify potential infotainment problems from market data
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Strong written/verbal communication skills including experience in preparing technical documents. Experience in MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Must have strong analytical, planning, organization, and strategic skills
- Must be a self-starter with ability to build collaborative relationships with internal and external affiliates
- Hands on experience with vehicle repair/problem diagnosis
- Proven interest and ability to learn new vehicle technologies
- Valid ‘G’ driver’s license required
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally on short notice required
- Willing and able to work overtime on short notice
Honda Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. The accommodation will take into account the applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email Human Resources at email@example.com or call (905)888-4331.