The Technical Training Instructor is responsible for delivering Instructor-led and Virtual technical training courses to Honda Canada Dealers and corporate personnel at any Honda Canada Technical Training Centre & various mobile locations to support the requirements of National Training objectives.
Additionally, the Technical Instructor may be required to support field Technical investigations from time to time.
These activities are meant to provide Honda Canada customers with the highest quality of technical expertise to ensure their Honda products are repaired correctly and efficiently the first time.
- Facilitate Technical Training for all Honda brands (Honda, Acura and MCPE)
- Work at any Honda Canada Technical Training Centre or other mobile location as necessary.
- Assess technician performance and module completion, and update class rosters daily.
- Support Zone staff and Training Department to ensure Training Centre utilization is maximized
- Participate in overall technical curriculum (skill & cognitive modules) reviews to ensure individual training modules are appropriate & current.
- Maintain Training Centre safety standards in conjunction with Admin Services.
- Maintain Training Centre organization & cleanliness.
- Maintain or arrange repair of Training Centre tools and equipment Review and Develop and validate Training material for practical use
- Provide input into quarterly Technical Training schedule development.
- Liaise with Tools Group to facilitate introduction of new tools / technology / ESIS to technicians.
- Assist technicians with utilization of Honda’s eLearning and LMS systems.
- Maintain vehicle inventory list and arrange for scrappage or replacement as appropriate.
- Arrange implementation, testing and documentation of “bugs” on specific vehicles.
- Support field Technical investigations as directed Help dealership succession planning, ensure Dealers are sending the right technicians for the right courses
- Engage Industry and local colleges
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completed Post-Secondary education with successful completion of an Automotive Service Technician apprenticeship program.
- Valid 310S certification or equivalent certification preferred
- 10 years’ experience within the automotive industry as a Lead Technician 5 years’ experience instructing or leading automotive technicians preferred
- Post-secondary degree or diploma with a focus on training and development or adult learning an asset.
- Must entail strong computer skills in all related programs including Microsoft suite of software.
- Must have strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Must entail strong planning, analytical, diagnostic, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to display leadership, initiative, and strong attention to detail and customer satisfaction focused.
- Ability to interact effectively with various personality types.
- Knowledge of Auto, Marine, Motorcycle and Power Equipment retail work environments an asset.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, changing environment with multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel, work irregular hours and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to teach/train associates, conduct seminars and training modules.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to build collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to be autonomous as well as work in a team-environment.
- Bilingual in English and French an asset.