POSITION TITLE: SERVICE OPERATIONS ANALYST
REPORTS TO: SUPERVISOR, FIELD & SERVICE OPERATIONS
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The position queries data, trend results, and analyzes findings based on the data obtained. The person in this role should ensure accuracy in the data and reports distributed where much of the planning of activities relates to data in reports provided. The analyst in this role will be required to provide recommendations with supporting analysis for forecasting of business, countermeasures, and highlight market trends. The analyst will be responsible to identify business opportunities and build ROI cases for National & Zone Management.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- L3, Financial Trends Analysis, Parts Monthly, UIO Reports and Analysis
- Weekly Training Report, QDC Report, Key Indicator Accy Reports and Analysis
- Service Traffic analysis & CapDo
- Lifetime Brake Pad Program Management
- Takata Completion Report
- Service Traffic Forecasting
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and analysis
- Identify business opportunities and build ROI for national & zone management
POSITION PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College Diploma or University Degree – Preferably in Business, Analytics, Data Science or Related Discipline
- 5 years’ experience in data analysis within automotive industry required
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Access a must
- Must entail excellent organization, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Bilingual English/French is an asset
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands, multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify trends, forecast business needs and communicate findings to management is required
- Develops and maintains good working relationships and all members of the team.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships within Honda North America as well as all other internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop, establish and maintain good working relationship with Honda North America suppliers, partners, consultants, stakeholders and other network contacts.
- Enjoys team building approach of management and department - shares results.
- Physical Effort
- Mental Stress