SCOPE OF POSITION:
The role of the Government Relations Specialist is to provide research, analysis and recommendations regarding legislative, regulatory and government policy changes which affect Honda’s business, to enable management to develop an effective government relations lobbying strategy and manage Honda’s risk exposure to proposed changes. Specifically, the Government Relations Specialist plays a key role in working with Honda’s government relations team to lobby on major issues/policies affecting Honda’s business operations to mitigate/manage the impact of government action.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lobbying Government directly
- Participating in industry association representation
- Lobbying compliance
- Reporting to senior management
- Supporting Honda’s green activities
- Supporting the development of government relations strategy
POSITION PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University Degree – Preferably in Political Science
- 1-3 years’ experience – Preferably in government relations, lobbying, auto sector involvement
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written in a clear concise manner with Senior Management and Government Officials
- Deep knowledge of Government Processes
- Intermediate level PC skills and proficient in Windows and MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Intermediate level presentation skills
- Bilingual in English/French an asset
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally required
- Develops and maintains good working relationships and all members of the team.
- Regular management updates of key issues and initiatives
- Develops and maintains good working relationships within Honda North America as well as all other internal and external stakeholders, including government
- Develop, establish and maintain good working relationship with Honda North America suppliers, partners, consultants, stakeholders and other network contacts.
- Enjoys team building approach of management and department - shares results.
- Physical Effort
- Mental Stress