SCOPE OF POSITION:
The incumbent will work within Honda Canada’s Collections and Recovery department and will report to the Supervisor, Collections. The Collector acts in the capacity of trusted advisor to Customers by providing payment solutions and options to resolve past due accounts and minimize loss for HCFI. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with possibility of renewal.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain corporate objectives pertaining to delinquency and losses.
- Maintain updated documentation of all communication with customers by entering notes in CASS and utilizing its capabilities to ensure timely follow up.
- Investigate account information by conducting basic skip tracing. Research and analyze documents to determine the best course of action and present results, if appropriate, to a senior level Associate in order to located customer and/or collateral.
- Resolve payment discrepancies including, but not limited to: NSF refund requests, misapplied payments, due date changes, retail deferrals and small balance waivers.
- Organize and prioritize workload for past due accounts to ensure appropriate customer correspondence and communicated level of urgency and action required.
- Assist customers by establishing payment arrangements or one time settlements on End of Term (EOT) invoices. These invoices consist of excess wear and tear, excess kilometers and may include missed payments.
- Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) as it pertains to HCFI internal controls within respective day to day job function. Adherence of the following would include but not be limited to:
- Code of Business Ethics/Conduct
- Business and Operational Policies and Procedures
- IT general and application controls
POSITION PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of relevant, progressive business experience with a proven track record of delivering results in a customer service environment.
- Good working knowledge and experience in Collections preferred.
- Post-Secondary education in related discipline preferred.
- Ability to work in partnership with the broader team to drive business goals.
- Technically grounded in MS Word applications.
- A high level of individual initiative and ability to work with minimal direction.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must entail strong planning, strategic, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Aptitude for leadership, initiative, integrity, and strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Bilingual (English/French) is required.
Honda Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. The accommodation provided will take into account the applicant's accessibility needs.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process or in order to successfully submit your application, please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (905) 888-4331.