The Supervisor of Sales Training leads the Sales Training team day-to-day and is responsible for providing leadership and guidance on learning related projects being executed by a team of Instructional Designers or vendors. The primary focus is the development and execution of product and sales process training to support the Dealer Network for Honda, Acura and Powersports products. The secondary responsibility of this role involves leveraging digital solutions to enhance the learning of Sales Consultants and Management through the development of mobile web applications, LMS functionality, and end-to-end video development.
This individual ensures all deliverables are aligned with the overall strategic training plan in terms of design, execution, timeline, budget and effectiveness. This supervisor is a Subject Matter Expert for all members of the training team and external vendor partners providing counsel and coaching to ensure standards of quality, adult learning theory, technology solutions and branding are met in all aspects of training activities. This individual represents the training team in many cross departmental situations collaborating with Customer Experience, Product Planning, PR, Advertising, Sales and Service Ops to provide appropriate training solutions.
- Manage the development, implementation and assessments of training deliverables to support Honda, Acura, and Powersports.
- Leverage available education technologies (LMS, Authoring tools, web apps) to support the development and execution of learning deliverables.
- Manage the strategy, budget, learning outcomes, and logistics of large scale cross-country learning events.
- Manage the strategy and development of Customer Education resources for Honda and Acura vehicles.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and create benchmark standards.
- Continuously assess effectiveness dealer learning and development activities through analysis of level 1, 2 & 3 training outcomes.
- Manage vendor/business partner relationships with the multiple organizations which support various training activities.
- Request proposals, evaluate solutions, track and manage external resources and act as project owner for new model launches
- Ensure training projects adhere to timelines, budgets and key objectives
- Collaborate closely with all related departments and participate in SP process
- Determine Dealer Associate core competencies necessary to drive key HCI metrics.
- Ensure the maintenance, security, ordering and usage of the Training fleet vehicles are in accordance with appropriate guidelines
- Train, orient, develop, mentor and provide career coaching for all reporting associates
- Conduct performance development meetings with all team members and complete formal evaluations semi -annually as required
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in preferably in education, sociology, psychology, marketing or automotive and/or Adult Education Certification/Degree is required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing and managing the development of web-based, classroom, and/or virtual learning based training is required
- Automotive industry experience is preferred
- Understanding of retail automotive dealership operations
- Knowledge and application of adult learning theory, training needs analysis, instructional design, information design, training methodologies, learning technologies and measurement strategies.
- Course Development software experience (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Photoshop, and PowerPoint)
- Must have strong project management skills and ability to lead training and development projects
- Experience as a Training Instructor and leading other learning and development professionals highly desired.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation and virtual/in-person facilitation)