POSITION TITLE: Field Engineering Specialist – Prairie Zone
REPORTS TO: National Manager, Technical Support & Publications
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Field Engineering Specialist acts primarily as a Technical Expert/Consultant for Auto & Motorcycle/Power Equipment Techline, Customer Relations, the Escalations group, and dealers when handling difficult-to-repair situations to ensure customer satisfaction. This role mainly includes Escalated cases, CAMVAP arbitration cases, Product Liability and difficult to resolve cases which regularly involves travelling to dealers in order to diagnose and resolve technical problems on vehicles and interact directly with our Customers. This position is based at our office in Calgary.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Honda/Acura dealership technical staff in troubleshooting escalated complex product concerns and resolving with dealer & customer as necessary.
- Responsible for Inspection, diagnosis and repair of difficult vehicle concerns by:
- Test driving to confirm and duplicate the condition, conducting comparisons, utilizing mechanical or electronic diagnostic equipment, conducting or overseeing repair of the actual issue.
- Confirming problem resolution through inspection or test drive, preparing an accurate, detailed report of observations and problem resolution methodology, coordinating with field staff, dealer management and possibly customer as required.
- Encourage dealers to maintain a high level of technical competency by:
- assessing shop tools and equipment to ensure they meet HCI requirements, observing Technicians’ work practices and habits, supporting the evaluation of Technician competency and training requirements.
- Confirming appropriate diagnostic equipment and current software updates are completed, reviewing HCI technical publications system (E-Biz) accessibility and usage.
- Developing recommendations and presenting them to the dealer.
- Evaluate Dealer’s new vehicle preparation processes by:
- observing new vehicle storage, inspection and clean-up procedures, spot-checking quality and condition of new and used vehicles
- assist the dealer to develop and implement an action plan based on recommendations.
- Assist in ensuring Initial Vehicle Quality by scheduling quality inspection activities, conducting initial vehicle quality inspections, preparing initial vehicle quality inspection reports, and requesting, in conjunction with QE, countermeasures when necessary.
- Ensure high level of Technical skills and knowledge are maintained by attending technical update meetings and training courses/seminars.
- Performance of other related duties as may be required from time to time (Conducting field investigations reports as required, assisting with and participating in dealer meetings and product demonstrations, attending dealer communication meetings and legal hearings).
- Provide Regional based Training in order to deliver situational and curriculum based courses when determined by Management.
- Other product quality audit functions will also be required from time to time. Upon completion of the dealer visit, the report and checklists are reviewed with the General Manager/Dealer Principal. Any outstanding issues will be followed up as required with the Technical Support & Publications Manager.
POSITION PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Completed University or College degree/diploma in a technical automotive related discipline.
- Specialized training in auto diagnosis is highly desirable.
- Several years’ experience in diagnosis and repair of difficult automotive problems, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Well-developed analytical, problem solving, (communication,) and interpersonal skills required.
- The ability to learn and operate advanced automotive diagnostic tools and equipment, digital cameras and recording equipment.
- Must be PC proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Display a high level of integrity, strong attention to detail and the ability to demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to be autonomous and decisive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and challenges.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be able to provide situational and curriculum based Training. (Previous Training experience is an asset)
Honda Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. The accommodation provided will take into account the applicant's accessibility needs.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process or in order to successfully submit your application, please email Human Resources at email@example.com or call (905) 888-4331.