The incumbent will work within Honda Financial Services’ (HFS) Corporate Planning department and is responsible for supporting and formulating budget analysis and forecasts ensuring budgets align, all financial information is accurate, and that variances can be verified and elucidated. The incumbent will handle budget preparation, organize monthly reports and journal entries to monitor and provide accurate data analysis and provide results to management to ensure company procedures and initiatives are being attained.
- Analyze data/information gathered from Planners regarding Budgets/Forecasts/Mid Term Plans including explanations regarding items with major variances to ensure that information is accurate & supportable
- Compare the current Budgets/Forecasts with Actuals and previous Budgets/Forecasts in order to ensure accuracy of budget assumptions and provide explanations on items with major variances. Assist in the preparation of the presentations to Executive Management Committee for approval.
- Prepare the budget analysis package on a quarterly basis & provide monthly plan numbers for Actual vs. Plan variance reporting purposes.
- Consolidate and check the accuracy of the Monthly Operating Report by the due date.
- Perform various analysis (including the ROA by business line) in order to provide Management with information to make necessary changes in Pricing and Budgets/Forecasts assumptions.
- Prepare and ensure the accuracy of the month-end journal entries, reports and budget/financial information in order to provide accurate information for company reporting, Management meetings and Executive presentations.
- Handle budget preparation and ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Completed post-secondary education or equivalent (Accounting, Finance or Economics degree preferred). Working towards a professional finance/accounting designation is an asset
- Minimum 3 years related experience in business and/or finance. (Accounting or Budgeting experience preferred).
- Proficiency in Windows applications, with proven experience in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Knowledge of Hyperion is an asset.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills is a must.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with strong attention to detail.
- The ability to multi-task and take initiative is an asset
Honda Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. The accommodation provided will take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process or in order to successfully submit your application, please email Human Resources at email@example.com or call (905) 888-4331.