The incumbent will work within the Prairie Zone (Calgary Office) operations, alongside the Parts, Service, CSI and Training teams to provide support in the achievement of National and Zone business goals. Providing reports and in-depth analysis on dealer performance, establishing relationships and stakeholder buy-in to improve KPI’s and objectives, and supporting Zone Consultants (field staff) with clear and concise; project updates, communication and analytics are the key components of this role.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Zone Consultants in preparing analytical, detailed, TQM-based business cases for presentations and consulting with dealership management.
- Analyze and report on Zone and Dealer Fixed Operations profitability, CSI performance, training completion, parts and accessory sales, and workshop productivity and utilization
- Assist in coordinating and developing Zone Parts and Service marketing, contests, events and programs designed to reach the Zone and National business objectives.
- Track, maintain and coordinate vehicle recall progress by dealer.
- Coordinate, track and maintain frontline and technician training completion by dealer through timely communication, gap analysis and business case/best practice analytics.
- Maintain ‘best practices’ or benchmark comparison database for each business activity.
- Report on each dealer’s performance to zone, actual versus target and actual to benchmark data.
- Support Zone Consultants in the development and attainment of dealers’ annual targets.
- Maintain and assist Zone Consultants in following-up on the impact of implemented countermeasures (PDCA process) at each dealership by preparing detailed reports and documenting the impact of the initiatives on key performance indicators (perform CHECK function on implemented initiatives).
- Answer and respond to general dealer inquiries where required.
- Prepare other analytical and statistical reports as required.
- Undertake other duties and projects as required.
- Must have completed post-secondary education in business management or marketing, or related discipline.
- Experienced in complex data gathering, analysis and reporting, with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must entail strong working knowledge of auto industry, competitive segments and dealer operations.
- Must entail advanced PC skills with knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Working knowledge of TQM principles is preferred.
- Must entail strong planning, organizational, analytical, and strategic skills.
- Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, and deal with multiple and changing priorities.
- Must be interpersonal, ability to build collaborative working relationships with internal and external affiliates.
Financial Reporting Analyst