SCOPE OF POSITION:
As a Customer Relations Correspondence Specialist you are responsible for providing exceptional customer service upon receipt of written correspondence to customers. As the first point of contact you must be knowledgeable of all Honda and Acura products. Be customer focus driven and have the ability to de-escalate challenging situations. Contribute to the overall success of the department, by achieving and maintaining departmental service levels.
- Respond to written inquires on sales promotion, manufacture warranty, service plans, recalls, parts availability, products, etc.
- Make business decisions to support the Honda, Acura and Motorcycle-Power Equipment brand to build loyalty and retention while maintaining the company’s best interest in mind.
- Respond to customer and dealer concerns on sales, service, parts eta, claims process, vehicle delivery delay, shipping discrepancies, etc.
- Work with internal departments (sales, marketing, service, warranty, etc.) to reach a resolution on customer concerns.
- Follow up with customers within set department service levels and promised times to customers.
- Interact and liaison with internal and external departments to resolve customer concerns.
- Document all customer and dealer inquiries or concerns in a clear and concise manner.
- Review requests for financial assistance and provide decisions on support to customers for a variety of reasons
- Process customer reimbursements for recalls, warranty extension and goodwill (where applicable).
- Work with minimal supervision within departmental defined procedure(s).
- Adhere to posted schedules in Work Force Management system(s).
- Work independently and as part of a team, with changing time constraints.
- In addition to incoming mail correspondence, where possible, assist with incoming emails from customers and dealers.
- Occasionally provide Honda’s position in writing when requested.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent – College Diploma or University Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 (two) year customer service experience, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Pleasant telephone manner; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good PC skills, knowledge of (MS Office Suite, e.g. Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, etc.).
- Strong analytical and good mechanical aptitude would be a definite asset.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and negotiating skills.
- Strong ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to handle challenging situations and show composure.
- Ability to multi task, adapt to new information and procedures.
- Good mechanical aptitude would be a definite asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Fully proficient in both written and oral English
- Oral and written French skills an asset
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8.00AM and 7.30 PM.
Honda Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. The accommodation provided will take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process or in order to successfully submit your application, please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (905) 888-8110.