Ensure a high level of Tech Line communication within all CH departments, Zones and Manufacturing Plants. A technical support agent who maintains a positive Team atmosphere and assists with root cause identification and problem resolution for all Tech Line files. Assist Honda/Acura dealer technical staff with troubleshooting of complex mechanical and electrical contentions and report any recurring quality or technical problems internally.
- Support, coach and mentor dealer fixed operations staff to ensure prompt and accurate diagnosis and repair instructions. Review escalated Tech Line files to ensure quality and that Fix it Right the First Time is achieved.
- Review individual Tech Line cases to ensure quality. Cases are to be clear and concise. Monitor FRFT effectiveness by reviewing dealer surveys and feedback faxes.
- Support and participate with various CH. depts. with problem analysis, diagnosis and testing as required.
- Participate in product modifications, updates and campaigns as required.
- Conduct/ Assist Field Engineering analysts with investigations / dealer visits or in-house inspections of customer vehicles as required.
- Maintain thorough working knowledge of current automobile technology.
- Provide Tech Line reports to management as required.
- Participate with bi-weekly meetings with Tech Line, QE, and Field Engineering Staff to discuss product and Zone Related Dealer Concerns while providing adequate flow & exchange of information.
- Maintain effective Case Closing Ratio of 70% or higher.
- Monitor and effectively follow the Age of Case process when directed by the Tech Line Supervisor.
- Participate with Winter Testing when required.
- Participate with New Model Service Study Meetings, Train the Trainer, Service Manual Validation, and Dealer Meetings when required. This will include travel to the USA, Mexico, Japan or where the business needs are required.
- Adhere to all CH Policy and Procedures.
- Keep individual Inter-Provincial Auto Technician License up to date.
- Follow internal Training Curriculum as directed by the Tech Line Supervisor.
- The ability to Read, Write, and Speak in French is an asset.
- Translation requests are expected in this position. (For bilingual candidate).
- College or University Equivalent related to Automotive Enigneering or Post Secondary education.
- Must be Licensed technician with Inter-Provincial Accreditation.
- Five to ten years of experience as an automobile technician.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills in both official languages (For bilingual candidate).
- Good planning and organization skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with internal colleagues and the dealers.
- Ability to interpret detailed, technical product specifications, which change with new product introduction or product modifications to quickly and effectively resolve problems.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships and all members of the team.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships within Honda North America as well as all other internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop, establish and maintain good working relationship with Honda North America suppliers, partners, consultants, stakeholders and other network contacts.
- Enjoys team building approach of management and department - shares results.
Work is performed under the direction of the Tech Line Supervisor.
CONSEQUENCE OF ERRORS:
Failure to properly and accurately diagnose technical automotive problems could result in loss of customer satisfaction and create a negative impact to CSI. In addition, it places a negative light with respect to the company's image in the eyes of both dealers and customers. This can impact HCI by creating unnecessary costs, legal implications associated with liability and safety related concerns and vehicle buybacks. These are daily occurrences, which must be effectively managed through skilled technical diagnosis, and situational analysis and effective communication with all key stakeholders.
PHYSICAL SKILLS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work is performed in a general office environment, using telephone, PC and some travel by air and car to manufacturing sites and dealerships is required. The incumbent should expect to work on vehicles within our worshop frequently and be ready to do so when requested.
- Working Conditions
- Physical Effort
- Mental Stress