Reporting to the Supervisor, Quality Engineering - MCPE/Marine, the Engineering Analysts are responsible for understanding and conducting all aspects of quality assurance for assigned product categories of Honda Motorcycles and Power Equipment.
The incumbents are responsible for identifying and investigating market quality issues and working collectively with Honda R&D, factories and other Honda service organizations to resolve them.
- Monitor warranty claim submissions, request parts for analysis and submit technical reports (Quality Information Correspondence) to R&D or related factory. Clearly distinguish A, B and C rank items.
- Coordinate with / provide technical support to other groups/departments within Honda Canada: Sales, Tech Line, Product Planning, Parts and Product Regulation to address & support new model development and any quality issues.
- Maintain QIC, A-Rank and warranty top-bottom data bases to catalogue all relevant data associated with product quality investigations and countermeasure implementation through to market action if required.
- Maintain/develop close working relationships (Window contacts) with relevant global R&D and factories for process & specification correlation, information sharing, and procurement.
- Coordinate and perform field visits as necessary for technical investigations/customer escalations/factory assistance.
- Coordinate and perform any required warehouse repairs or updates for units in Honda Canada stock.
- Generate service publications for dealers, other departments, and zones, outlining new and revised repair techniques to address issues identified recently in the market
- Stay abreast of relevant standards, certifications & regulations related to each product category.
- Participate in new product, initial quality check meetings where required. Document meeting results in clear, well written reports, for submission to management.
- Identify and recommend areas for continuous improvement. Participate in PDCA and business meetings as required.
- Undertake other projects, as assigned.
POSITION PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Electrical Engineering required or a minimum of 4–5 years’ vehicle or small engine diagnostic experience (mechanic’s license and familiarity with data collection an asset) is required to be successful in this position.
- Advanced PC skills with knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Good oral and written communication skills - Bilingual (English/French) an asset.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing priorities.
- Willingness to travel and accommodate irregular working hours as required
Engineering Systems Specialist - Infotainment