The Engineering System Specialist (Infotainment Specialist) works within the Service Quality Engineering department at the Honda Canada National Office (HCI). The incumbent’s purpose is to drive countermeasure activity through market problem identification, parts analysis, and field visits when required. The purpose of this activity to drive continuous quality improvement for the Canadian Honda automotive market.
The incumbent will work collectively with HNA, Honda R&D, and all respective factories to quickly resolve market issues. Warranty data analysis and the creation of service publications are key functions within the scope of this position.
- Generate technical (Quality Information Correspondence) reports to communicate quality issues in the Canadian market to HNA (Honda North America) or relevant overseas manufacturing facility.
- Conduct data analysis of warranty claims and field reports to define and prioritize commonly occurring quality issues
- Collect and test failed warranty parts from the market to determine when further investigation is required and/or to identify problem cause. Verification testing of factory c/m’s prior to release of service bulletins.
- Coordinate and perform field visits as necessary for technical investigations/customer escalations/factory assistance.
- Generate service publications for dealers, other departments, and zones, outlining new and revised repair techniques to address issues identified recently in the market.
- Provide technical support to various groups within Honda Canada including Techline, Field Engineering Specialists, Customer Relations, Product Planning, Publications, Sales, Advertising, ISD, Training, and Legal.
- Create appropriate technical presentations when required following P1 / NASC or department guidelines.
- Maintain top-bottom lists for warranty and Techline with the purpose of quickly identifying emerging trends and initiate c/m activity with the factories
- Provide support to Techline on how to handle contacts where the answer is not readily available. Advise on vehicle repair, what to do with replaced parts, what information to collect, diagnose method for telematics etc.
- Support Customer Relations group as required by providing technical information and timelines on current investigations.
- Work Closely with Technical Communications Analyst on investigations that require eBiz message, DVRs, parts collection and parts monitoring.
- Post-secondary Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Electrical Engineering required or 5+ years’ experience in a Quality Engineering role at an automotive manufacturer or supplier.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills including experience in preparing technical documents. Experience in MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Must have strong analytical, planning, organization, and strategic skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret Engineering drawings
- Must be a self-starter with ability to build collaborative relationships with internal and external affiliates
- Ability to use Quality Control Tools – SPC, Control Charts, etc.
- Hands on experience with vehicle repair/problem diagnosis
- Proven interest and ability to learn new vehicle technologies
- Tolerance Stack-up Analysis capability an asset
- Working knowledge of CATIA an asset
- Valid ‘G’ driver’s license required
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally on short notice required
- Willing and able to work overtime on short notice
- Testing of smartphones & vehicle integration for Honda/Acura telematics, OTA and infotainment systems requires detailed understanding of various technologies such as Bluetooth, cellular communication networks, satellite communications, HD broadcasts, WIFI etc.
- Interacting with design and development teams and outside suppliers to report and resolve any defects identified.
- Ability to construct test benches for use by support staff to simulate the in-vehicle telematics, OTA and infotainment experience.
- Supporting company training events on telematics, OTA and infotainment systems by performing vehicle setup and diagnostics as required.
Honda Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. The accommodation provided will take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process or in order to successfully submit your application, please email Human Resources at email@example.com or call (905) 888-4331.