The incumbent is responsible for ensuring a high level of Tech Line communication within all CH departments, Zones, QE and, to some degree, with Manufacturing Plants. The incumbent is also expected to provide Technical level 1 support to all TL Analysts. Because of the additional responsibilities over and above those as a Tech Line Analyst - Auto, it is understood that the number of calls and cases handled compared to the Tech Line group overall will be slightly lower. As such, targets will be adjusted accordingly. However, as part of the Tech Line group, the incumbent’s primary objective remains to answer the phone in order to maintain service level and abandon rate targets, providing the best possible support to Honda Canada’s Dealer network.
- Support, coach and mentor Tech Line staff to ensure prompt and accurate diagnosis and repair instructions to ensure excellent repair quality and to help ensure a Fix it Right the First Time approach. This helps to mitigate any CAMVAP, Buy back threat, or trade assist.
- Review individual Tech Line cases to ensure quality. Cases are to be clear and concise. Utilization of Tech Line templates are a MUST to ensure consistency within the group.
- Support and participate with various CH departments to provide problem analysis, diagnosis and testing as required. Liaise with Tech Line Escalation Specialist and recommend FES deployment when required.
- Stay current with AH Tech Line Summary Articles, KB, SB, and propose Shop Talk, KB, Tablet blast (ETecH News) articles to Tech Line Supervisor as requested / appropriate.
- Conduct in-house inspections of customer vehicles as required.
- Take Lead with new models as requested, create summary report on a daily/weekly basis as required.
- Take Lead with specific systems such as telematics systems such as Hondalink, Acuralink, Display Audio, HFL, Bluetooth, etc. Provide Technical Support for all Tech Line Staff. Work with QE, R&D, and DCD. Create monthly reports, attend meetings, etc. Track as necessary issues by model/year/contention/CM/Repair Status, etc.
Tech Line Analyst Auto:
- Support, coach, and mentor dealer fixed operations staff to ensure prompt and accurate diagnosis and repair instructions. Review escalated Tech Line files to ensure quality and that Fix it Right the First Time is achieved.
- Review individual Tech Line cases to ensure quality. Cases are to be clear and concise. Monitor FRFT effectiveness by reviewing dealer feedback (ex surveys ).
- Participate in product modifications, updates and campaigns as required.
- Support service bulletin repair validation as required.
- Conduct/ Assist Field Engineering Specialists with investigations / dealer visits or in-house inspections of customer vehicles as required.
- Maintain thorough working knowledge of current automobile technology.
- Provide Tech Line reports to management as required.
- Participate with bi-weekly meetings with Tech Line, QE, and Field Engineering Specialists to discuss product and Zone Related Dealer Concerns while providing adequate flow & exchange of information.
- Maintain effective Case Closing Ratio of 60% or higher.
- Monitor and effectively follow the Age of Case process when directed by the Tech Line Supervisor.
- Participate in Winter Testing when required.
- Participate with New Model Service Study Meetings, Train the Trainer, Service Manual Validation, and Dealer Meetings when required. This may include travel to the USA, Mexico, and Japan or where the business needs are required.
- Adhere to all CH Policy and Procedures.
- Keep individual Provincial Auto Technician License up to date.
- Follow internal Training Curriculum as directed by the Tech Line Supervisor.
- The ability to Read, Write, and Speak in French is an asset.
- Post-secondary education, College or University Equivalent, related to Automotive Repair and/or Engineering required.
- Must be licensed technician with Inter-Provincial Accreditation.
- Five to ten years’ experience as an automobile technician.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good planning and organization skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with internal colleagues, and the dealers.
- Ability to interpret detailed technical product specifications, which change with new product introduction or product modifications, to quickly and effectively resolve problems.
- Fluent in English, Fluency in French an asset
Honda Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. The accommodation provided will take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process or in order to successfully submit your application, please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (905) 888-4331.