As part of the Finance Inventory Team this role is responsible for the accurate recording of Inventory including updating systems with costing information, preparation of reports, account reconciliations and analysis.
- Responsible for accurately updating the Finance Inventory System with Purchase Costs including Landed Cost tables.
- Responsible for preparing accurate and timely Inventory related month-end activities including journal entries and reconciliations
- Identify, investigate and resolve any inventory issues that arise
- Responsible for preparing monthly and quarterly Inventory Reports/Schedules
- Responsible for preparation of Inventory Reserves
- Perform reconciliation of Year End Physical Inventory Counts
- Understand the functional aspects and data management tools of SAP necessary to perform job responsibilities
- Support Financial and SOX audits
- Participate is Honda Canada initiatives and adhoc projects as required
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Accounting or business and/or equivalent experience of 3+ years working in an accounting department. Professional Accounting Designation Preferred
- 3+ Years of progressive Inventory related experience preferred
- Excellent communications with internal and external customers a must
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly; ability to take initiative
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail is essential with focus on high quality of deliverables
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with an ERP system – SAP (preferably)
Honda Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. The accommodation provided will take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process or in order to successfully submit your application, please email Human Resources at email@example.com or call (905) 888-4331.