The incumbent works within the Western Zone operations and supports the auto sales team with the consultation of underperforming dealers, implementing effective measures, strategies, and action plans to enhance overall dealer performance and sales. The incumbent will also provide sales support to the dealerships monitoring sales targets, figures, profits, and financial reports ensuring dealers are attaining planned sales objectives and initiatives. The incumbent will also coordinate administrative projects such as meetings, reports/metrics, sales plans, and financial/budget analysis to share with management, dealers, and national offices.
Provide Consultation to improve underperforming dealers by:
- Visiting the lowest 25% underperforming dealers in each territory (based on RSO attainment, sales penetration, lease retention, gross profit per unit and CSI).
- Gathering data, making observations and interviewing dealer management/staff.
- Conducting analysis to determine the root cause and propose action plans.
- Following up monthly on action plans, rotate Plan/Do/Check/Action.
- Presenting status of action plans to Zone/National Management on a monthly basis.
- Executing repair Dealer process when necessary.
- Providing weekly market intelligence to zone management.
- Improving customer experience and sales satisfaction levels in assigned territory.
- Monitoring dealer operations and ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
Provide effective sales management support to the dealer network by:
- Attaining the auto wholesale & retail sales targets in the assigned territory.
- Maintaining contact with Dealers in the assigned territory to build a good working relationship.
- Reviewing monthly and annual sales figures, profit and loss statements and financial reports to ensure Dealers are maintaining adequate performance and inventory levels.
- Conducting GM Assessments when necessary.
- Assisting with the set-up of new Dealer after buy/sell, new facility build and re-location.
Perform a variety of administrative functions such as:
- Preparing various reports and attending meetings.
- Preparing product allocation and sales plans to both National office and dealers.
- Ensuring the appropriate submission of dealer documents, financial statements, co-op budget requests.
- Must entail three to five years’ experience in an automotive District Sales Manager role or related experience.
- Retail and/or Wholesale sales experience is required.
- Knowledge of the automobile dealership business.
- Must entail good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills are required.
- Must be results-oriented.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize conflicting demands, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to display initiative, integrity, and strong attention to detail.
- Must be interpersonal, ability to build collaborative working relationships with internal and external affiliates.
- Basic knowledge of business management (accounting).
- Basic PC skills with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes.
- Willingness to travel (including overnight travel).